Updated: Sept. 22, 2013 (updates in blue font)
Whenever I hang out at the Fairy Farm Mobile Community on Facebook, I always see fellow players complaining about lost crystals, asking how to get crystals, and sharing how they failed to finish their quests because they lack crystals to buy the necessary items. There are also those who cast bottle spells but fail to get their crystals even when other players have already cast them.
I’ve had those problems, too. And while there’s nothing much I can do to solve problems with the game’s reliability, I can only share the things I do to earn as much crystals as I can.
I don’t buy crystals for real cash. I’m not really one of those who could. But for those who can spend some real money to get the crystals they want, here are some pretty good sources of daily Fairy Farm crystals.
NOTE: I apologize for the poor quality of screenshots. My screen is small. ^_^‘
Fairy Farm Animals that Give Crystals Everyday
- Red Wyrm
So far, buying it through the sale box on the top left of the screen is the only way I know to get this animal. As of press time, it seems to be a permanent offer on the sale box. You’d have to buy it for $19.99, but with the package shown in the image above, you’d get some good fuel to keep you going on your quests. The best part is, the Red Wyrm gives crystals everyday.
- Pink DragonessThis is the Red Wyrm’s pair, also giving daily crystals. She appears on the sale box occasionally, and if I’m not mistaken, you can buy her for pretty much the same price.
- Other dragons: Rainbow Dragon (can be acquired for FREE), Rainbow Dragoness and other dragons of the sort (Keeper Dragon and Black Dragon are NOT included.)
Like the Red Wyrm and Pink Dragoness, you can buy these dragons for real cash when they appear on the special sale boxes. However, with the Dragon update where you’d have to plant pearl gardens, harvest lots of pearls and get a rainbow egg, you’d have a chance of getting a Rainbow Dragon for FREE! At least, until the offer lasts. You’ll never know when the developers would decide to take out that feature again.
So great was my joy when I finally got a rainbow dragon after thousands of pearls harvested and more thousands of pearl gardens planted. :’) He gives 1-3 crystals daily.
Now of course, not everybody can spend some real money on mobile games. Thus, we’ll have to earn our crystals with hard work. Here are ways I earn free crystals:
How to Get Free Fairy Farm Crystals
- Earn ACHIEVEMENTS.
It’s probably one of the fastest ways to earn crystals, but your chances are limited. See that GLOBE icon on the lower right corner of the screen? Click it, then click the ACHIEVEMENTS tab (trophy icon), and see the things you have to accomplish to get those precious rewards.
For those asking how to be a Novice/Adept/Expert/Master Traveller, other players told me that these achievements involve getting crystals from Tap Joy offers.
- Avail of TAPJOY OFFERS.
If you click that BUY button under your crystal counter at the top left corner of your screen, you’ll see the menu shown above. Then if you click that button saying EARN FREE CRYSTALS, you’ll be directed to a list of offers that you can complete to get free crystals.
I’ll have to warn you, though, that I’ve seen players complain that they didn’t get the crystals promised. For such complaints, there is a link on the page for people with missing crystals.
Tapjoy offers usually involve downloading certain apps, playing certain games or buying certain items. Take your pick.
- Complete QUESTS.
Available quests can be found by clicking the icons on the right side of the screen. Completing different quests can earn you crystals from 1 to a happy 100. 😀 Just to be clear, not all quests have crystals for a prize.
- Level up. You earn 1 crystal each time.
- Build WITCH CASTLES, FLYING ISLANDS, WIZARD TENTS and IGLOOs. They are sold at the Houses tab in the SHOP. Witch castle costs 900,000 coins and flying island costs 800 crystals. They take days to “ripen up”, but they do give random crystals once in a while.
- Have complete/adult PRINCE ROBIN and PRINCESS ANNETTE.These two, when placed beside each other, also randomly give crystals. Take note: Prince Robin without Princess Annette only gives royal emerald and coins. Princess Annette before she is transformed through the Dream Circle device also does not give crystals. They have to be TOGETHER.
- Cast SPELLS.You can cast your own bottle spells by crafting A Message in a Bottle from the Wizard’s Table. You can also earn crystals by casting other people’s spells. (See this post to find out how to cast spells.)
- Here’s a TIP: Whenever I join the race for casting spells on the FFMC Facebook page, I usually have my gadget and laptop at the ready. I keep refreshing the page to get ahead of others in seeing new spells. So I browse for new spells, refresh immediately after checking, then find spells again. Also, I usually only look at the first FFMC thread and the box showing other people’s wall posts. Sometimes, I look at earlier posts, but not so much. I suggested a steady thread just for spells before, but FFMC probably didn’t think it’s cute. >_<
- LOG IN to your Facebook Account. If you haven’t logged in, do so. You can also check everytime you open your farm, as once in a while you can get logged out of Facebook. Every log in gives you 5 crystals. To sign in, just click the GLOBE, go to the FRIENDS tab, and click the corresponding button. (As of the Paint/Colors update in April 2012, the 5 crystals bonus has been removed. 😦 )
- Keep checking out the official Facebook Page of Fairy Farm Mobile Community for occasional freebies. Just remember to cast the spells properly to get your rewards.
- NEW!!! Make sure to grab the MERCHANT’S GIFT from the Mysterious Merchant update. This little blue creature called ENERGY SPIRIT gives crystals EVERY 12 HOURS! (UPDATE: The Energy Spirit only gives crystals OCCASIONALLY now.)
Do you know of other ways to get free crystals?